Thursday 24 March 2011

OLW 46 Eggs & Glitter

Hi, hello, I'm back, ooh 2 posts in one day, sorry but when I saw this on Simplicity I just had to have a go,

Rules for OLW46

1. A one-layer card is a single piece of cardstock folded in half...no other layers.

2. Use an egg or eggs on the card. Be as creative with the theme as you wish. It's not limited to Easter cards.

3. Keep embellishments to a minimum.

4. Post your card on the Internet and link to it using the InLinkz button in the sidebar of Simplicity.

5. Most important rule of all: HAVE FUN!!!

 So I made this......and was happy........ but thought...... you know it's maybe a little too CAS?

So then I hunted for an apt sentiment and found this one from Whimsy Stamps








and turned the card on it's side. Now I think I'm happy, what do you think?
Was the first card too simple? I'd love to know your thoughts:0) xxx


Stamps from Elusive Images sadly not in production ATM.
Ink pad VersaColor , Celadon
and Versafine Archival, vintage sepia.

p.s just noticed you can't see any glitter in my pics, oh! well the light has gone for the day, it's there!

23 comments:

Netty said...

Wow its perfect. x

Doreen said...

Fabulous card.xxx

nicolet said...

Two wonderful simply cards!!
Hugs Nicolet

lisa said...

I love those egg stamps. I remember seeing Glenda demo them when they first came out many moons ago. It's a pity they are not around now. They make a stunning card.
Hugs Lisax

Deborah Frings said...

Well I think they're both great. I love the effect with the glitter, which you can see when you click on the photos. I think my favourite it the one without a sentiment - but they're both fab!

pickle said...

Yep I agree with you the first one was maybe a little to CAS. it's perfect now though..love the colour combo and the glitter is so subtle and pretty x

Emily Leiphart said...

WOW!!! I agree, the first version was too plain without a sentiment but I absolutely love the end result. I'm also sad those egg stamps aren't available anymore. They're amazing!!

Susan said...

I'd have to vote for the second card. The sentiment was the perfect addition!

Chrissie said...

Fabulous cards!
Chrissie

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie, this is just gorgeous fabulous hugs pops x x x

Sarn said...

Have Margot and Harriet been round??? They didn't say! LOL!

I would NEVER in a million years have known what to do with an egg stamp . . . but you have made 2 fab cards with just such a thing, oh talented one. NOW . . . I prefer the 2nd card WITH the sentiment. Just seems to finish it off.

Sun is still shining today . . .have a great day and a fab weekend. See you tomorrow for the Less is More challenge???

Hugs, Sandra

Angela said...

Oh my, I just love those stamps -- and the colors are perfection.

Unknown said...

They both look great.. There are perfect little CAS cards.. Hope you have a wonderful day my sweet friend..

Hugs, Linda

Christina said...

Wowww this is really gorgeous!!!
Hugs Kristel

Zue said...

Oh Must Have, I don't know how I keep missing your lovely blog. I thought I had you on my sidebar...maybe it's not there; must check.
How are you?
Your work is really lovely. The eggs are fantastic. I say this because I am just about to paint some eggs and the idea is in my head, kind of 'with me'.

I am sorry I have not been to your blog as much as I would like..that will change. I am missing so many nice goodies.
Sue xxxxxxxxxxxx

Jenny said...

A perfect claen and simple card, I agree turning it on its end was a great idea x

Pauline said...

What a nice clean card. Just perfect for Easter.

Pauline said...

What a lovely simple card. I really liked it.

Jennifer said...

GREAT C&S card!! Love those eggs and it looks great with the sentiment!! (=

Susie W. said...

Love those eggs! The shimmer does show when I click on the photo...SO pretty.
I think the sentiment really finished the card perfectly. Great card!

Julie said...

I don't know if the first version was too simple but I do think that in this case more is more. The sentiment is the perfect finishing touch.

Bonnie said...

Actually, I like it both ways! Perfect sentiment!

Susan Raihala said...

I think both cards are positively delightful!