Saturday 14 January 2012

Playing with colour :0)

Hello there my crafty friends, Over at the Craft Barn all this week we have been exploring colours and their relationships with other colours. Colour is one of my favourite subjects and each combination is my favourite depending on the season and my mood LOL
I have made 3 cards and used each to show one of the combinations that Isabelle has highlighted over on the Craft Barn blog,


First up is the analogous version which uses neighbouring colours, here purple and two blues................
Then I made a complimentary version, two colours opposite each other on the colour wheel, blue and light orange.......
Lastly the triadic card, which is three colours equidistant around the clour wheel. I used purple, orange and green.............
Isabelle has explained HERE how to use the colour wheel much better than I can. If you would like to visit the Craft Barn all will be revealed. There is also a step by step explanation of how I made these cards.
I used a Gorguss Girl, Winters night stamp and Tim's distress inks. The colour wheels are a great tool and they are available on the CB website, here I hope you like.
Have a great weekend, Gay x

21 comments:

Paula Whittaker said...

nice use of colour.

Suzi B said...

"Gorguss" cards (scuse the pun lol)
Interesting about colour relationship... this is the sort of help I need :o)
Suzi B xx

Doreen said...

Wow simply stunning Gay,such talent,I must say I like the three coloured one the best.xxx

Sarn said...

OMG I totally adore these cards Gay. Brilliant use of colour, lovely stamp and great background. Top marks xxx

Evil Edna said...

what I like is the different moods that are created by the changes of colour. thank you. EE

Suze Bain said...

Wow Gay, the colours on these are stunning and I just love your design - the blank margin and the flourish at the top - fab-u-lous! xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful work! Vaerie

Fleur said...

WOWZER absolutly stunning HUGZ Fleur xXx

Junie said...

Just STUNNING work Gay !!!! Just love your colour combos they just match perfectly !!!!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Oh! these are stunning.

Christine said...

Great job Gay! I love them all!
Hug
Christine

lisa said...

This is really interesting, Gay. I have to say I'm drawn to the middle one, not sure what that says about me. I have a colour wheel and always forget to use it tending to go for my favourite colours instead of pushing the boundaries, maybe that should be my New Years Reslolution. Thanks for making me think.
Hope you are having a lovely weekend.
hugs Lisax

Bonnie said...

This is such an adorable image and each is colored so beautifully! I'm in awe! Thanks for the link. Maybe that will help me. I'm one of those colorwheel challenged people! :D

Netty said...

Beautiful cards Gay and love your use of the colour wheel. x

Unknown said...

Well my sweet friend these cards look amazing.. I love all the different colors you used. Hope you are having a happy weekend..

Hugs, Linda

hazel said...

Fabulous cards Gay, I love all the different colour combinations.
xxx Hazel.

Dolly Daydreams said...

~Gaye they do indeed look so different in their various colors, beautiful stamping and blending, always a pleasure to view your exceptional art !

Marie

Jenny said...

These are just great examples Gay... it's amazing how colour affects the feel and look of a card. I have a colour wheel but don't use it enough :)
Jenny x

~Tammy~ said...

Oh my gosh your coloring is amazing!!!!! My jaw dropped!

Emily Leiphart said...

Hello, my genius! I love your talent, Gay. Wish I could borrow your brain for a couple weeks? LOL

Chris Simon said...

Oh, these are beautiful! I love the color variations that you've made. I'm going to have to look for this stamp, too. I don't think I've seen it before.