Saturday 4 September 2010

Simplicity OLW 18

Hi there, I have had a bash at making a tree card for Simplicity's One Layer Wednesday Challenge,
Rules for OLW18

1. A one-layer card is defined as a single piece of cardstock folded in half.

2. Use a tree stamp (or, if you don't have a tree stamp, a branch or leaves will do). Remember to keep embellishments to a minimum.

OOh! how I struggled with this one, even getting a new stamp didn't help. So I searched and searched all my stamps and finally came up with this. I've been at it a very long time, it was fun though! Another great challenge, don't know how you keep doing it Susan?
The trees and sentiment are stamped in Versafine black and the border in smokey grey.
The Trees are a Judikins cube, from Stamp addicts, 
the border is from Tim Holtz Floral Tattoo
The love sentiment is from Inkadinkado, by Debbie Mumm, I fear retired:{
Hope you're having a lovely weekend, I'm off to catch up with some blogs after I've cleared up the right mess I've made:D xx

11 comments:

Doreen said...

This is fabulous Debbie, very classy I love the way you broke up the border to put in the word love.xxx

Netty said...

This has to be the most difficult challenge to do but you have done it brilliantly. Enjoy the weekend. Annette x

Emily Leiphart said...

Oh my goodness, is this ever beautiful!! It's so vintage and regal yet you've managed to keep it so simple!

joanne wardle said...

isn't it mad how long these take!! totally worth it though, your card is gorgeous

chris said...

Oh My Word I LOVE IT LOADS AND LOADS,I love the strong lines, and the black and white, and I have to have that lace border, its sooooooo gorgeous, where did you come by that? if you dont mind me asking.
back soon love chris xx

chris said...

Thanks fern!!

PetraB said...

Your card is absolutely amazing, love the design elements.

LeAnne said...

That lace border is stunning!

lililindsay said...

Another great card. I have never thought of using black and grey together. I can see that by doing this you have kept the trees as the main focus of the design. Don't Susan's challenges develop your creative thinking?

Susan Raihala said...

Oh how lovely! The border with the sentiment is fabulous. I don't think I've ever seen that tree and it's so delightful!

Enfys said...

Brilliant, this would have me stumped, love the way you broke up the border.
big hugs
En xx