Saturday 7 January 2012

In which I get to play with inks

Helloo there, I hope this day finds you well? Over at the Craft Barn Blog we have been playing with inks and I got to use Versamark and Versacolor along with some Versamagic, all great inks and for lots of different purposes.
Here I used Versamark and mica powder brushed gently over the top, versamark is brilliant and quite sticky so the mica powder adhered beautifully.
This was using Versamagic a chalky opaque ink great for coverage and on dark card, I used 2 shades a pink and a soft green unfortunately the sun was so weak it doesn't show in the photos.
 This card shows how Versamark watermark ink can work on it's own. This is a very simple card made really quickly with just two stamps. The text is from Crafty Secrets Bathing Beauties and is in Versafine, Onyx Black.


For my last card I inked up in Versafine, Deep Lagoon, a gorgeous rich teal, I love it!!! Same stamp set  turned sideways with stamps from Crafty Indviduals as well.

Thank you for looking and see you soon, Have a great weekend Gay x

 More details at the Craft Barn Blog
I used
Versamark , Versafine, Versamagic and Versacolor all available at the Craft Barn,
Stamps by Hero arts, Two Vine Scrolls
Crafty Individuals  CI 287

14 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely work! You have used some great stamps, too! Valerie

Suzi B said...

Hi Gay. these are all lovely I especilly like the Versamagic one..

suzi b :D
Best Wishes for 2012 x

Doreen said...

Wow all beautiful examples of what you can use different ink pads on, very informative to Gay.I love them all. Thank you I have learned something today.xxx

Suze Bain said...

Hi Gay, beautiful cards, I love the blue one with the swallow. I keep forgetting about my mica powders, must dig them out! xx

Sarah-Jane said...

Great cards, all very elegant.
Sarah-Jane xx

Sarn said...

WOW, Gay . . .these are just FANTASTIC. I love how classy they all are. I bow to your superiority! xxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Gay, happy new year!
Lots of inky gorgeousness here - love the different effects you've created. Really like the one with the Versamagic ink.
xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Beautiful cards, made me remember I have some Mica somewhere, love the effect.

Christine said...

Beautiful! Very nice with all those different inks!
Hug
Christine

Fleur said...

Amazing cards Gay
HUGZ Fleur xXx

Dolly Daydreams said...

Fabulous selection of cards and great examples of how to use of the different Versamark inks. Love your stamps too !

Marie

Unknown said...

They all look fabulous my dear! Hope you are having a wonderful weekend.. A little breezy here in Vegas. Great day to play in the craft room.

Hugs, Linda

Lisa A. said...

How Beautiful these cards are, Gay!! Especially love the last one...the blue with the pop of black with your bird, but the quote...perfect, powerful and beautiful!!!

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi there Gay thanks so much for your great inspiration here, love the ideas on this post.
I have come over via Sandra's blog have been following her for ages so thought had better with you also - love the look of this blog!
am off to have a good gander around it hope you might have a min to pop over to mine too one day, maybe-perhaps? Shaz in oz.x