Saturday 15 September 2012

Rudolph the red nose reindeer?? Soorreee I'm early :0)

Hi folks, Today I have been playing with a Sizzix die, a reindeer, it has to be Rudolph! I made three items, all different, got a bit carried away really :0)





My first is a small 15cm canvas with shrink plastic die cuts of the reindeer. The canvas has some Mod Rock for dimension and a string of beads with bells for sound, they tinkle LOL
More of the details are on the Craft Barn Blog








 My card is with Indigo Blu stamps and glue with silver holographic foil and gold leaf. The reindeer has again been die cut in shrink plastic, coloured with Alcohol inks and shrunk.
 A reindeer, full size, that's been die cut out of Copper sheet and then passed through an embossing folder, the design worked really well for his face and I thought for his muscles too, what d'you think?





Over at the Craft Barn the team have made some more die cut art work, they've been really inspired. Check it out HERE if you would like to see what they made.

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you have a wonderful weekend, Gay x
 I used.........................

Sizzix die, Reindeer
Pepeo paints, Fantasy moon, Gold and chocolate
Mod Roc
Fresco paints in Snowflake, Egggplant, Orchid and Sky
Claudine Hellmuth's Gesso
Tim Holtz Numbers and alcohol inks in Eggplant and Snowcap


Sizzix die Reindeer
Couture Creations EF Vintage Plumes
Hobby Art Sentiment stamp, New Year Bright
Mirri card, copper
Distress inks: Barn Door, Rusty Hinge


IndigoBlu stamps, Here comes Santa 


Our special offer this week
Spend £30 on Sizzix products between Sept 10th and 17th and get a £5 voucher back
(you will find it in your parcel)


26 comments:

Evil Edna said...

I adore that die, you've really brought it to life in a diverse and interesting way.EE

craftimamma said...

Love the results of your play time Gay! The leaping reindeer on the little canvas are lovely and you are right about the embossing folder working so well on your last card but my favourite is the middle card. Love the alcohol inked/shrunk Rudolph and the foiling. I have the Sizzix/Alterations reindeer but it always disappoints me a little that they don't have antlers. This one is gorgeous.

Hugs
Lesley XX

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely Rudolf! I like that last one especially! Valerie

Paula Whittaker said...

great use of that die....really does show how versatile die's can be.

Doreen said...

Stunning work Gay...love the canvas,and the copper reindeer WOW beautiful.xxx

Fleur said...

These are gorgeous
Have a fab weekend
HUGZ Fleur xXx

Sue said...

Three lovely Christmas cards. I especially like the stamping on the second one. Have a lovely weekend. Sue x

Sasha said...

Fantastic techniques, Gay. I love the shimmer achieved with your holographic foil and gold leaf. Such a fabulous effect on your canvas, and your copper reindeer looks really cool x

Sarn said...

Speechless. Your work is FANTASTIC Gay. I particularly like the last one, but they are all exceptionally brilliant.
Hugs
Sarn xxx

TAM said...

Three fabulous projects - love the embossed reindeer - as you say it works perfectly

Karin said...

Beautiful cards, i love the second one! Have a nice weekend!

lililindsay said...

Blimey Gay, you'r blowing my mind with the range of techniques employed here. Every one a winner!
I have a canvas sitting on my desk waiting for the courage to create something.
Lilian

Shirley said...

Okay, you had to do it!!! All of those are terrific and beautiful to boot! Now I need that die. Darn you!!! LOLOLOL ;-) I can see how you got carried away.

Anne said...

I think your copper deer is simply stunning, can you replicate it again do you think? :O) Wonderful! Your canvas is stunning, brilliant...made me feel cold with all that snow!!!! As fr your car...equisite! I have never had luck with foil....maybe I ought to try this new glue! Gorgeous card, wonderful work, all very inspirational! TFS!

Netty said...

wow you have been having a ball with these diecuts and all the projects look fab. xx

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Oh my Gay ! All three are so gorgeous ! The mini canvas is a beautiful piece of art, love the glitter on the 2nd and the embossing works so well on the reindeer on the third ! Thanks for the treat this morning, Shirleyxx

Dotty Jo said...

Wow, these are all fab! Please don't ask me to pick a favourite as there is something about each one that I really like, Jo x

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! Fabulous projects Gay! I love the holographic foil and gold leaf effects - gorgeous! Brilliant techniques as always.
xx

Linda said...

Love all the three projects Gay! So nice to see such different work all made with the same die. And how cool to see the contrast between the delicate 'foil card' and the tough 'copper' reindeer. Wow!

Anonymous said...

Gay wahhhhhh !!! Love your reindeers AMAZING !!!!!! especially love the second one with the flakes n foil Oh am so jealous I want to come to the UK so you can teach me all of your tricks.` The embossing folders works wonderfully you are so talented ahhhh big sigh !

Marie

Unknown said...

WOW.. I just love all the different techniques you used here. Looks fabulous my friend. I do hope you had an awesome weekend.

Hugs~

Hettie said...

These are gorgeous Gay. Love the foil one and that copper one is fabulous and very muscular! Well done you!
x

Aileen said...

Lovely projects, Gay. Those reindeer are fab. x

Zue said...

So many great ideas for one die. I really like the canvas... :)
xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Oh! I love these, especially the gold leaf

Chris said...

Absolutely beautiful results Gay, I could look at the canvas on my wall for hours :D. Hugs, Chris xx